By Nate Olson | Photo by Sadie Rucker
Here’s how the Arkansas Top 25 teams fared this week …
1. Bryant (6-1) defeated Little Rock Southwest 48-7
The Hornets celebrated the reunion with an easy win, but are now preparing for the meat of their schedule with a tough road test against Cabot ahead.
2. Conway (6-1) defeated Fort Smith Northside 23-21
The Wampus Cats battled two costly turnovers and an injury to star receiver Manny Smith, but managed to score the green light with less than 30 seconds to go to win their sixth straight game.
3. North Little Rock (6-1) def. Little Rock Catholic 42-7
The Charging Wildcats recorded their second straight easy win after suffering their first loss of the season.
4. Cabot (6-1) defeated Little Rock Central 41-7
Like Bryant, who they face in a showdown next week, the Panthers enjoyed an easy win.
5. Bentonville (5-2) lost to Fayetteville 42-34
The Tigers’ 35-game winning streak in the 7A-West Conference is history, as is their chances of winning their 15th conference title in 16 years.
6. Shiloh Christian (6-1) beats Gentry 48-20
The Pioneers fought, but the Saints won another resounding victory.
7. Pulaski Academy (6-1) defeats Maumelle 42-14
The Bruins have no problem lighting the scoreboard against a stingy Hornets defense and are now preparing for a rivalry game against Little Rock Christian that will decide the 5A-Central Conference title.
8. Fayetteville (5-2) beats Bentonville 42-34
The Bulldogs beat the Tigers for the first time since 2005 and are now in a position to win a conference title for the first time since 1963.
9. Lake Hamilton (7-0) def. Siloam Springs 42-7
Wolves barely sweat as they rout a Panthers team that has racked up points even in defeat.
10. Benton (6-1) defeated Mountain Home 52-23
The Panthers win a potential trap game with Greenwood heading to Saline County next Friday.
11. Jonesboro (5-2) defeated West Memphis 40-0
Hurricane sits atop 6A East and will most likely meet Sylvan Hills in two weeks with the title on the line.
12. FS Northside (5-2) lost to Conway 23-21
The Grizzlies pushed the No.2 Wampus Cats to the brink, but couldn’t hold out.
13. Little Rock Christian (6-1) – inactive
14. Little Rock Parkview (4-3) beats Van Buren 33-3
After running the elite 6A-West glove, the Patriots enjoy an easy victory over an exhausted Pointers team.
15. Greenwood (6-2) defeated Russellville 35-7
The Cyclones fell short of the Bulldogs, who regain their health at the right time with the return of quarterback Hunter Houston.
16. Wynne (6-1) defeated Batesville 31-0
That rivalry game was not over this year as the Yellowjackets move closer to another 5A-East Conference title.
17. White Hall (6-2) defeated Watson Chapel 42-14
Things got complicated in this rivalry, but the game was not a close one as the Bulldogs rebounded from an unbalanced loss to Pulaski Academy.
18. El Dorado (5-2) defeated Marion 36-7
The Wildcats have no problem getting rid of the Patriots as they remain in the upper echelon of the 6A East Conference race.
19. Vilonia (7-0) defeated Harrison 28-14
The Eagles push back the Goblins as they prepare for a showdown against Greenbrier for the 5A-West Conference title.
20. Farmington (6-1) defeated Clarksville 39-0
The Cardinals are gearing up for a big game with the undefeated Greenbrier next week.
21. Greenbrier (7-0) defeated Pea Ridge 49-12
The Panthers have beaten the Blackhawks but will face a tough test against Farmington next week.
22. Sylvan Hills (6-1) defeated Sheridan 28-6
The Bears are staying hot and will most likely play for a 6A East Conference title against Jonesboro in two weeks.
23. Warren (6-1) defeated DeWitt 63-7
Lumberjacks will no longer be tested in the regular season.
24. Joe T. Robinson (6-1) defeated Malvern 35-6
The Senators have no disappointment on the road as they pass the Leopards.
25. Stuttgart (6-1) defeated Clinton 43-14
Clinton surprised Little Rock Mills last week, but the Ricebirds made sure that didn’t happen this week with a resounding victory.
SBLive Sports is the official digital content partner of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA).